It's been a while.

Jeeper99

Not been on here in a while. I've been trying to cope with my father passing away on July 21st with brain cancer. I've been going through alot because my dad was my best friend and mentore. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things, but having a very hard time right now.....

I have a question reguarding a transmission temperature gauge for my TJ. Does a gauge hook up mechanically or electronically? Reason I'm asking, I found a water temp gauge in a box that has the probe and flexabile line. It is a 130 to 280 sweep and was just a brain fart on if it would work. I would like to get a transmission temp in cab but I honestly have no idea how one would hook up.

Thanks for any help guys! Take Care All!

J()N

Sorry to hear about your Dad Jon. I know how tough it is to deal with a loss in the family. Hang in there Jon, you'll get through this.
I don't think the water temp. gauge will work due to the size of the probe.

Thanks Mikey! Do you have a link or anything showing how to install a Trans temp gauge? I wasn't sure if there was a specific place in the case to install a mechanical sender or if it hooked up electrical.

I don't know of a link to show you but the one's i've done on a Mopar performance upgrade on a Dodge diesel, i took the trans. pan off and drilled a hole on the side of the pan for the sensor. The trick is it's placement. It must not interfere with anything in the transmission..

Back