New clutch, Still pedal issues, need suggestions!

hermesgrafix

OK, kind of lost at this point. Got a 95 Jeep Wrangler 4.0. The clutch went out and so I replaced it. Installed a New Clutch, Pressure plate and throwout bearing. Got everything done and had issues with the clutch pedal. Had to depress the pedal all the way to the floor, and release about an inch and would catch, but could not put into reverse. Can turn the Jeep off, put in reverse and reverse would work. Well thought it was the Clutch Slave, removed to check and the end completely blew out! So ordered a new Slave, Installed and bleed the best I could and still have the issues. Like there is no pressure on the pedal. I really need some suggestions. The day the clutch went out the clutch pedal was locked in middle, got the truck home and my dad put some pressure on the pedal and it released with a loud bang. Need some suggestions.

1. Possible I did not bleed the system good? What is the best way to Bleed and how tight should it get?

Any suggestions that I can look at? Thanks??

Check the master cylinder. Check all the lines for leaks.

Update. Well today I got home and re-bled the Slave, ran almost a small bottle of the fluid through it, and it helped a little bit. Still have to go to the floor to get the clutch, and still having a problem with reverse. Felt like while driving around the block, some of the gears were tight to catch, but pumped the pedal and would catch. I am pretty sure I have all the fluid out of the system.
NOW Here is the BIG question. I had 2 people tell me today they had issues with something like this in the past and they cam out with the shaft in the Slave was not long enough, and they added 1/4 inch to the rod (not sure how) and it worked perfectly. With that being said, does anyone think this is possible with installing all new stuff? Should I take the old rod and try to extend it by welding or something to add 1/4 to it? Has anyone had this issue before and thought about fixing this way? If this doesn't work, then I am looking at replacing the Clutch master cyl? Thanks

Back