biggest tires without hurting engine.

Dastongg

Hello, I have a 00 2.5 wrangler with 31's on them. I was wondering if I could put any bigger tires on it without needing to put a new gear ratio in it. Basically, what is the biggest wheels I can put on it without hurting anything. Thanks
-casey

If you have a stick you should have 4:10 gears and could run up to a 33" tire if you have a lift.It will dog it on hills and you will never see 5th gear but you can run them.A few small mods done to the engine will help with the power problem.

What xt master says is true,I've got a 2.5 with 33x12.5 tires,stick shift.It,s a dog on the highway ,but love it on the trails.

xt master said:
If you have a stick you should have 4:10 gears and could run up to a 33" tire if you have a lift.It will dog it on hills and you will never see 5th gear but you can run them.A few small mods done to the engine will help with the power problem.

Thanks man. What kinda modifications wuld you suggest?

Search the site there is a ton.

To start CAI or snorkel.

E fan off of Ford Taurus.

If you really want to get into it change the injectors.

xt master said:

To start CAI or snorkel.

Thanks man, I'm definately going to look into that.

xt master said:

To start CAI or snorkel.

Why a ford taurus elctric fan though? Is it better than buying a fan for the wrangler?

you can go to the junkyard and pull a fan out of a 3.8 taurus i got mine for about 35 dollars, If you wanted to get a universal e fan online ive seen them from 100+ thats why the taurus fan is best also the best controller for it is here www.[B]dccontrol[/B].com for the fan. If its between a CAI or snorkel go with the snorkel because it works as a cold air and a ram air intake also it looks nice. The best mod you can do on your rig for bigger tires is lowering the gears but it gets quite expensive if you aren't going to do the labor yourself

In all honesty, I would not run 33's with 4.10 gear and a 2.5L; I currently have a 2.5L '94 with 4.88, a bunch of mods (e-fan, 62mm TB and Spacer, more aggressive cam, PD ignition, Mustang injectors, etc.) and still, it's a bit of a dog. in fact, I always recommend 5.13 for 33's and 5.35 for 35's on a 4 banger. You'll get much more torque, and still be able to cruise at 7mph no problem. Keep in mind the 4 banger likes to be revved up, so cruising at 3K rpm is not a problem... With my current setup, i typically cruise in 4th, as it gives me better mpg than 5th (the engine is in the torque band in 4th).

Back