relocated the license plate

superj

i got tired of the dang frame banging the body around the gas filler when anyone else would put gas in the jeep so i moved hte license plate and removed that hinged plate holder. i got one of those mounts for a tube bumper and some 3 dollar led lights from walmart and a piece of sheet aluminum i had laying around and here is how it turned out:

20110212192402-1.jpg

sorry, no daylight pics yet.

i also added one of those front mounted receiver hitches:

20110210162441-1.jpg

20110210162458-1.jpg

now i just need to get a new bumper. i don't know what this bumper is off of but it doesn't fit just right and the bottom holes don't line up so when i drive, my fogs are kind of jittery. i think i told ya'll already about the hitch but since i couldn't remember, i put it in here

Looks good. Do you think the lights give it a ricer look at night or no?

i was worried about that too but it looks ok with the red brake lights, kind of a red, white, and blue deal. i got some day light pics now also

20110213164528-1.jpg

20110213164551-1.jpg

i didn't realize they were blue till i got home and installed them but oh well, next time i will read what light color they are

Looks good...did you cover the plate light lense on your tail light or do you have a gas cap light now?

i have a gas cap light now. when ever i have to replace the tail light housings, i will get two of the passenger lights

Back