YJ rear angle shaft?

Andreb

What shpould the angle of the rear shaft from transfer case to yoke be? I have a 6" lift with 2 shims which is between 6-8 degrees.
A while back I had my leafs re-arced and a leaf added. At the time all was good except for the fender rubbing. Now a week later I started getting a severe and worsening bearing like noise, but only when I lightly released the gas. Then it started even when shifting and getting worse. I went to a trani shop, where they noticed there was now way to much angle and I would have to add an extra shim. They opened the trani and all was okay except the outer seel which was worn down to the metal. a good reason for noise, plus the uni joints had no play in them, so they fixed all that and the yioke input to the diff was worn out so I had a new one put in. The noise is 95% better but still there.

Now I got this message from another forum:
I wonder if your clutch throw out bearing could be making the noise
when your driving if you just start to press the clutch see if it makes a difference in the noise. I didn't notice any noise there, but my glutch is low and will soon need a new kit. But the trani shop doesn't believe that's the problem.

Any ideas? And what angle should I have?

I like to point the pinion directly at the t-case out put, then angle down about 2 degrees. the slight mis-allignment will keep the u-joint well lubricated and prevent the roller bearings in the caps gaul the trunion surface.

Back