2004 TJ RHD conversion

FYI, if you have a RHD tj it will not be the only one like that, even with a 5 speed. I wheel with a RHD TJ, it was a postal jeep. also any euro spec jeep is RHD.

FYI, if you have a RHD tj it will not be the only one like that, even with a 5 speed. I wheel with a RHD TJ, it was a postal jeep. also any euro spec jeep is RHD.

ive seen plenty of factory RHD TJ's and older postal jeeps,australian jeeps and euro-jeeps,every RHD jeep i have seen in the u.s. is an automatic,i have never,ever seen one that is a 5speed manual.im not saying they dont exist,im sure someone in north america somewhere has one,but you gotta admit its pretty damn rare.

i think it would rock. (once you got used to shifting with the other hand)

No I guess it would be cool and or rare, but I am having so much trouble wrapping my head around why you would want to remove a significant amount of safety equipment, then invest signifiacnt amount of time and money into a RHD conversion.

ya, RHD might look cool, untill your T-boned and the jeep is tossed on it's lid and your decapitated because there was no roll bar. (and yes I am aware that Jeeps initially did not have roll bars and that a significant number of cars are convertables with out roll bars; but center of gravity in a taller sitting jeep changes the physics of everything) or the horrible whip lash from not having head rests from a rear end collision.

ya, RHD might look cool, untill your T-boned and the jeep is tossed on it's lid and your decapitated because there was no roll bar. (and yes I am aware that Jeeps initially did not have roll bars and that a significant number of cars are convertables with out roll bars; but center of gravity in a taller sitting jeep changes the physics of everything) or the horrible whip lash from not having head rests from a rear end collision.

I have had numerous discussions with guys who put seatbelts in old military vehicles (with no roll cage) . They think they're doing something good but they never think about what Johnny said above. If my M37 ("Power Wagon") is going to roll I want OUT. I DO NOT want to be strapped into a soft top vehicle with no roll bar. I realize you might still get trapped and killed even without a seatbelt but you WILL, for sure, be cut in half if you stay in that seat. The cab on that truck ends at my mid to upper-back.

-John (Boston)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what you're doing is cool, but I'd be worried about the lack of rollbar as well.

Could you fab up something less obvious than the full cage? A CJ7 Roll bar might look good. Even some bars around the windshield may help (keep the windshield from folding in a roll).

Attachments

• old_willy.jpg
    old_willy.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 477
i dont have the money or the facilities to finish it,i have been toying with the idea of selling it.would have to be a good home preferably out of state(ohio),i dont wanna pass my baby driving down the road.would make great father-son project.will sell to good home only,dont bother if you just wanna flip it for cash.im open to all offers/trades/etc.its a 2004 tj with 78k orig miles,i am the orig owner,4.0/5spd.i would like to find someone that has the means to finish it as i thought of it originally(WWII army jeep replica/tribute) email me if interested: armyjeep43055@yahoo.com
thanks,tony(newark,ohio)

Back