Computer bypass 2100 changeout

O yea. Started this morn and ran like hammered dog s**t. Sounded rough and sounded like she was missing. Just trying to put as much info out there as possible.

superj said:
great!!!! we only have to get one fixed now.

69jeepcj, the idle probably climbed when you sprayed it because the intake was probably leaking at the same point, which could easily be a problem here too so its a good idea you brought it up. pull the intake and exhaust and put a new gasket on when and it will probably help it

Not arguing your point at all but keep in mind it ran fine before the swap.

Good morning guys. Yep still morning here. Just an update on my end. I still have to modify my throttle linkage, not getting full throttle and I have to hook up the manual choke. Also have to get some all thread to mount the air filter. Now that I actually have the same carb. I might be more helpful. I'll keep you guys updated.

Ok got everything done throttle linkage choke and adjustments. Purring like a kitten, no hesitation. Idles at 700 rpm. Idle mixture two turns out seems best. Tried it out Offroad also. I think my Holley had a safety feature. The Holley would stall out in steep off camber situations. Mc-2100 does not. So I damn near rolled over. It was up on two wheels and carb. didn't seem to mind. Freakin awesome. Ha ha ha

Thanks bro. Now I can concentrate on yours again. My timing is at 11 with the vac. Hooked up and everything set. Figured I'd just let you know how mine was set so you could have a baseline to go off of when your jets come in.

really it didnt run fine if it was stalling.. Yeah, I was thinking about my post and the response and figured it could have been the intake because they are both right there together. As you state we have gone over just about everything your prob can be. While waiting on the jets, if you have some time to tinker check out your timing chain slack. As mentioned earlier pull the dist cap and manualy turn the motor until the rotor starts to move then turn the motor the oppisite way and see how many * on your tag the motor moves before the rotor begins to move again. This will tell you how many * of slack is in the chain. Another thing to check AND I HATE TO SAY IT is the cam. Pull the valve cover and start the motor,(this is going to make a mess probably because of oil) so, be quick, and watch you rocker arms going up and down, they should all be moving about the same amount. If one or more are not moving the same as the others you may have a wiped cam lobe. the chain and cam can cause what yours is doing also, its usually the last suspects and at this point I think it would be good to check them out to make sure.

But it ran fine pre-motorcraft. I would think more the carb has an issue since the jeep was ok before the carb. I am going to pm the guy you got it from and see if he can help us out

I've tried emailing and leaving a message on his cell with no call backs. If you do get in touch with him, pass on my info please. The fast idle set screw does not line up with the cam at all. Want to ask him why. Probably why she ran so rough yesterday morn. About 35* at start up. Brrrr! Thanks guys

he is a member on here so i sent him a message through the web site and asked him to drop into our thread and see if he has any ideas

Gronk said:
You absolutely should. It's a simple 2 wire bypass known as the Nutter-Bypass

Yey gronk, hey man I've been trying to get in touch with you. I got a 2100 from you a while back and just installed. Having hesitation issues. Installed hei dist as well so ign box is no longer. If you have some time, get in touch with me. I'll pm you my info. Thanks.

OK, trying to read through all 21 pages of this post. What I'm seeing is: the fast dlle cam may be bent? It should line up with the screw on the shaft and it should freely move.

Email me some pics and I can sort straightening it out. michael.ehrmannAThotmail.com (replace AT with @ of course)

That is my direct email address.

What year is your Jeep? (Just to be clear) If 82 or older, no nutter required

Can you provide severall installed pics? I will sort this out with you, it should be very simple.

Back