Computer bypass 2100 changeout

69jeepcj said:
any diferances with the advance can yet? we are right with ya man, thinking and trying to figure this thing out.

Nothin yet. Thought I had something because she didn't hesitate backing out. But she went in the crapper going forward.

Is you trans linkage hooked up yet??????? would you guys agree that if its not hooked up and shifting right its not going to run right?

Let me go back to fuel pressure and #48 jets. I was reading this carb will not run for anything with anything but 4-5 lbs of pressure. I had also heard that to get rid of the hesitating, go to a smaller jet. I have #48 jets and everyone seems to speak highly of #47's. Can there be that much difference in one size larger? You would think you could adjust the acc pump to compensate.

69jeepcj said:
Is you trans linkage hooked up yet??????? would you guys agree that if its not hooked up and shifting right its not going to run right?

Yes. Hooked it up this morn as it was warming up

You'll have to get a fuel pressure gauge to check. I wouldn't think one size bigger would make that big a difference. I also agree on hooking up the linkage like superj said.

all the acel pump does is give you a little more shot of gas to help on take off. (hesitations, stumbbles)
read about your vac gauge, a lot of them can be used as a presure gauge as well as vac. yours looks just like mine and mine will read presure and vac. I just got mine towards the end of summer. I did read the same thing as you about the jets earlier

yes, your vacuum gauge can be hooked up to check fuel pressure too, try it out.

do you have a return line on your fuel system? usually, if you do, then the pressure won;t be too much for your carb.

superj said:
yes, your vacuum gauge can be hooked up to check fuel pressure too, try it out.

do you have a return line on your fuel system? usually, if you do, then the pressure won;t be too much for your carb.

Yes, there is a return line.

connect your gauge to the end that hooks to the carb and crank the jeep over and i bet your pressure is minimal at the carb. i don;t think that is the trouble but check anyways because you never know

i would try the 47 jets

superj said:
connect your gauge to the end that hooks to the carb and crank the jeep over and i bet your pressure is minimal at the carb. i don;t think that is the trouble but check anyways because you never know

i would try the 47 jets

Before I order those, do you know of any other parts I will need? I.e. Replacement gaskets or something

check you local auto parts store for the jets. Our local stores here sell jets. well, at least O'rieleys does.

Any chance an old rusty muffler can cause my issues. I hesitate to say because it was running fine before I started this project however during this project I broke a stud off in the intake, broke a rear u joint and had my ignition module take a crap on me. Who's to say a 5-10 yr old rusty muffler isn't clogging up the works now. Maybe I'm grasping at straws or just praying. I've been dying for an excuse to cut that sucker off. Just need justification I guess.

if its plugged it would definitely give you problems but not necessarily the ones you are having . start it up and go put your hand over the tail pipe. then have some one rev it up a little while you feel for more flow. also, if you exhaust manifold is getting red or your cat is getting red, something is plugged up too. cut it off and put a straight pipe out the back for now, ha ha ha.

Back