Rustys vs Blackdiamond 3" Lift (advice needed)

lateralus

i have a bone stock 97 TJ sport and am looking at about a 3" lift. So far i've been comparing between the terraflex 3t, the Rustys 3", and the Black Diamond 3"...It looks like the blackdiamond is the best bet, but it doesnt come with a drop pitman arm. The rustys lift has a drop pitman arm, but no front quick disconnect. The black diamond has a front quick disconnect but no pitman arm. I am only planning on running 32x11.50s and the guy from 4wheelersupply said the drop pitman arm actually can cause problems and is not really needed. Both of those sets come with a fair amount more than the terraflex. Any help is appreciated, especially if you have experience with blackdiamond lifts.[addsig]

quadratec, as well as a number of different sources sell just drop pitman arms from manufacturers such as superlift, skyjacker, procomp, etc.... I have not heard of a problem when installing a drop pitman arm, but I think the are only recommended for lifts in excess of 4 inches to correct the steering geometry. I ran a 6 inch lift on my full size blazer and did not have a dropped pitman arm, steering imput was hard and sudden. I quickly installed a 4" drop pitman arm, and all the problems I was having with the steering was soon solved. Hope this helps.
Johnny
[addsig]

Thanks for the help...I guess i'll go with the black diamond lift....and add the pitman arm later if I need it....Anyone tried the Dunlop Mud Rovers?? I found them online today and they look pretty nice. More aggressive than the BFG mud terrains and they are supposed to last twice as long. Def. cant beat the price. $90 a piece.

Evan[addsig]

Back