need help with wiring harness ahhhh help me please

Dhall

building a tj rubicon from the frame up. got the frame motor trans and axles from a guy, got the tub from someone else then got the ecm and steering column from another. took it to the dealership and they're saying the computer wont pick up the module. i think they were talking about the skim mod for a chipped key. If anyone knows a solution or easy fix let me know. really want to get this think rolling

Welcome to the Z.

Until you're positive what they were referring to it will be difficult to get solution suggestions.

thats the thing they didn't really refer to anything. they just said that they couldn't get their computer to read the ecm so they cut a key for the ignition and told me i should look into a painless wiring harness. well painless doesnt have them for a rubicon

You will need to re-flash the PATS system out of the ECM, that said, I am unsure if people are re-flashing DC ECMs. What 4.0 do you have, pre or post 03 (might be 02,) the older 4.0 had a distributor. Supposedly, and I have not nor ever verified this, but the later ECM's are easier to crack and re-flash... As I heard. A Jeep mechanic, unless they are very into aftermarket stuff, would not be privey to this info.

Check out Wayne Hartwig, he specializes in tunes/reflashing GM & LS motors and can assemble harnesses, I would call him to see if he can help or know someone who can.
www.150Tunes.com

If a re flash is in order, it might have to be an aftermarket software and programmer. The factory scan tool used to flash the ECU's are VIN specific therefore, if the scan tool is installed on the vehicle, it will read the PCM VIN first and populate the available flashes for that specific build however, there is also a box on the menu that you can manually input a VIN and program it that way. The issue then will be the ECU part number. If the ECU is built with a SKREEM/ SKIM system and you program the ECU with a Non SKIM software it might not enable the ignition sense circuit within the PCM and not give you an ignition sense output( no start). By the time you get this figured out if it will work or not, I think your better off in getting a re manufactured or new PCM that's specific for your Jeep instead of a Rubicon model.

Back