Thread: Help

1. Help

I just installed a 2-inch suspension lift along with a 2-inch body lift. My new opar bumper will not cover the gap in back can someone help???

2. Re: Help

Can you send a picture?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Re: Help

I have not put it on yet due to space in between. Looking for an extension but the tow hitch attaches to the frame.

4. Re: Help

What gap are you talking about?

In the back between the top of the bumper and the tailgate. Ther is a 2 inch space due to the body lift

6. Re: Help

Why do you need out covered? Ids just the consequence of the body lift. Same with the front bumper.

Just looks better. So you are saying there is no way with an aftermarket bumper?

8. Re: Help

Not that I know of. I have a 4.5 suspension. Never tried the body. Don't like them. It doesn't do much. Just clears the body from bumping. Doesn't provide any extra travel or anything. And any body lifts I have seen all have that gap.

Help

After market bumpers are not made to cover the gap. You could create your own or alter one.

BTW 2 in of body lift is a lot. Make sure all is tight and watch for bolts breaking.

Regards,
    JPNinPA

Sent using TapTalk
    "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up" - Jesse Jackson

most times you will have to have or make a custom bracket to enclose that gap with body lifts. I would call some off road shops and custom fab shops and see if they have or will make one for you, that is if Google doesnt help. I have only had 1 body lift, and I vowed to never do it again since the gaping makes me cringe.