What size rims?

Turbogus

Hi gang,
On 'Black Betty' I have some late model rims and, if possible I'd like to retro it with Aluminum Slotted rims. The tires I have on her are 31x10.5x15. I'm trying to wrap my head around this but my years are taking their toll. Short of pulling one of the tires and taking it to the tire shop, can anyone help me on this?

Thanks and a lift of the lynch lid.
Gus

15”???

What are you needing?
Backspacing?
Width?
Bolt pattern...!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Although the options are a bit few, I like the tall and skinny tires on 15" rims. My buddy has 15" off road steel wheels on his CJ and they look good.

Yeah I ran pizza cutters 33x9.5R15. They wore great, no rubbing and good in snow. Was able to get 6-10 ply sidewalls. They stopped making them.

BTW for the OP et al. Tires have a range for wheel widths. So depending on the tire you want to run may depict the wheel width. This range is to keep the thread in the ground promoting best traction and wear. If you use too narrow a wheel the center of the thread will wear even at really low tire pressures. Too wide and edges wear and tire pressure range is small. In both too narrow and wide the bead area is week.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Thanks JPN, these 31's are wearing but still look new so I have no intention of going wider or taller. Just considering a wheel swap.

I was about to ask the same thing. Thank you very much, JPNinPA. Now, I can finally purchase those high-quality rims from 4WheelOnline. Cheers!

Back