4WD shifter bushing falling off help

JaredHB

About a year ago my bushing broke after 100k miles so I went to buy a new one at the Jeep dealership so I can get a mopar part but ever since I got this one whenever I shift down to 4 low or even neutral when I try to shift it back to 2WD it pops out of place and I have to go push it back in to continue driving does anyone know a better bushing I can use cause this makes it very hard and annoying to off road

Sent from my iPhone using Jeepz.com mobile app

For clarification
a 2010 JK?
Differential Bushing or shift boot?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

If this is the one at the ends of the cable you probably don't have it completely seated. I had to replace them on my 2010 jk, it can be difficult to fully seat them but once on they don't come off until they break again.

If this is the one at the ends of the cable you probably don't have it completely seated. I had to replace them on my 2010 jk, it can be difficult to fully seat them but once on they don't come off until they break again.

What tool did you use to do it?

The bushing is also fully snapped onto the pin on the actual shifter but the rubber arm is what is popping off. The bushing never fully pops off the cable arm is what comes off

Is this the part? Image1621101593.081739.jpg

What tool did you use to do it?
I just pressed it in with my fingers. The one under the jeep was more difficult - mainly because of the awkward position and working more by feel than sight.

For clarification
a 2010 JK?
Differential Bushing or shift boot?

I just pressed it in with my fingers. The one under the jeep was more difficult - mainly because of the awkward position and working more by feel than sight.

I am having this same issue with my 2009 Wrangler Rubicon. I replaced the bushing and it is set in the ring but I cannot snap it to set fully on the pin. I’ve tried my fingers and pliers at this point. Any other suggestions? Could it be the wrong bushing?

Clean your ball. Use a bit of lube. Should slide in.

Are you using mopar or aftermarket parts?
What shifter and side of the cable. Never looked if each side has a different part number,

Back