2023 exhaust

23Altitude

I have a 2023 Wrangler 4 door Sport on order and want to put an Injen axle back exhaust and Injen cold air intake on it when I get it. I contacted Injen and because they haven’t actually installed any on a 2023 yet they won’t guarantee they fit. They advertise it will fit up to 2021. Does anyone know if there have been any changes to the 2023 from the 2021 that would prevent these from fitting? Thanks Mark

I don’t know. Sry

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Curious on why you are adding those? Sound?
FWIW the parts alone do not improve performance.

Everything I have read says those two mods increase hp and performance. Not drastically but some.why do you say it doesn’t help? And yes sound.

I put a cold air intake on my 2005 Wrangler when I first bought it. Didn't really do anything but make it a bit louder. I'd skip the cold air intake personally.

factory intakes have been cold air intakes for many many years. my 85 bmw had a cold air intake on it from the factory.

auto companies have been trying to improve gas mileage to meet government requirements for years. their cold air intakes are part of trying to get better mileage. not saying swapping won't get better but the cost versus the improvement might take many years to become a positive investment

Everything I have read says those two mods increase hp and performance. Not drastically but some.why do you say it doesn’t help? And yes sound.

Where did you read that? The internet? :-/

No really, I spent over $2000 in CAI, Cat Back and larger throttle body, headers and an electric fan. I was looking for more Hp and mpg.
Many jeep veterans were right when they said its all smoke and mirrors. Rubbish and down right lies.

The cold air intake will show 1-2 mpg improvement for 500 miles. That is when the PCM learns the new fuel trims and poof its gone. You are left with the cool noise.
From 2003 forward factory exhausts are better headers than you could buy. Mine did nothing but crack a number of times. The wider bored throttle body only made the skinny pedal more responsive.
The cat back gave a better sounding exhaust. No hp or mpg.
The only worth while thing was an electric fan over the clutch fan. Even though the fan power requirements kick the alternator in and you get near zero gain. It turns out driving at or above 30 - 35 mph does not require the fan to kick on. The natural flow of air through the radiator is enough. And this frees up engine load for HP or mpg cause you dont press down as hard.

Also if there were a magic hp adder wouldn’t you think jeep would be adding it. Keep up with the 30-45mpg vehicles.

Chips are another fail. They cause a rich or lean condition and your CAT and valves pay the price.

Last edited:
Where did you read that? The internet? :-/

No really, I spent over $2000 in CAI, Cat Back and larger throttle body, headers and an electric fan. I was looking for more Hp and mpg.
Many jeep veterans were right when they said its all smoke and mirrors. Rubbish and down right lies.

The cold air intake will show 1-2 mpg improvement for 500 miles. That is when the PCM learns the new fuel trims and poof its gone. You are left with the cool noise.
From 2003 forward factory exhausts are better headers than you could buy. Mine did nothing but crack a number of times. The wider bored throttle body only made the skinny pedal more responsive.
The cat back gave a better sounding exhaust. No hp or mpg.
The only worth while thing was an electric fan over the clutch fan. Even though the fan power requirements kick the alternator in and you get near zero gain. It turns out driving at or above 30 - 35 mph does not require the fan to kick on. The natural flow of air through the radiator is enough. And this frees up engine load for HP or mpg cause you dont press down as hard.

Also if there were a magic hp adder wouldn’t you think jeep would be adding it. Keep up with the 30-45mpg vehicles.

Chips are another fail. They cause a rich or lean condition and your CAT and valves pay the price.

Well said! "Too many people spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like" FARKLE: Fancy Accessory Really Kool Likely Expensive

Was just sharing my experience so the money could be spent somewhere else.
I didn’t say anything about spending money they don’t have.

No judgement there.

Back