Security Console

tarsij

So after my Jeep got broken into last week, I started thinking about maybe locking a few things up. I'm getting keys made for my doors tomorrow and was looking at a security console. I found http://www.4wd.com/shopwrangler/DisplayProduct.asp?ProductSKU=31501 that one in 4wd and it is in my price range. it is made by Smittybuilt and has cupholders(something my current setup does not). Has anyone used this and how secure is it. I also got the glove box safe from quadratec.

TARSI

I would look around for some thing better since the add said this....The free 4WDH beverage mug is not available at this time for internet orders.
Really here how rude!

I don't want to trash this product because I am not 100% sure it's the same as mine, but... If you are looking for security, I wouldn't get that one. I think it is the same one that I just took out of my CJ to put in a Tuffy. It looks EXACTLY the same. The lock on the base was just a little hook that if you pushed the lid to the side, the latch could slip by. There was alot of play in the lid. Opened really easy; NO security at all. You should call and ask about it before ordering.

Check out Ebay too. I think you might this for cheaper on there, if you decide you want it. I found my Tuffy for about 50 bucks less than anywhere else.

I remember someone saying that about a console, but wasn't sure which one. I guess that one in out of the question, so hows everyone like the Bestop Trailmax console? It looks secure and all.

TARSI

Go to the local GI Joe store get yourself a 50 Cal. Ammo Can and a master lock! Then bolt that sucker down between the seats and you got a problem getting into that with out a key. There were some good wright ups on this some time back. Just do a search. Now I will have to say it may not be a pretty thig but it will get the job done. tug

Back