1. I have a 97 wrangler 4cyl. 5sp and I have access to a 4.0l auto from a 98 cherokee. Does anyone know if it will fit. will I need cross members or mounts from cherokee, tailshaft swap?

engine/trans swap

it would be easier to buy a 4.0 TJ, and prolly cheaper
    82 CJ5 that dont run.... and is no more.... 94 Z71

J, you wont be forgotten

xjnick

it will fit.. the body and frame are the same... but all the mounts are different... then there might be cutting and what-not involved in bringing the auto shifter through the floor.. not quite sure
    93 YJ 4.0
    Spring Over, 33x12.50 Mastercraft Courser M/T, High Flow Exhaust, Diamondplate Rear Bumper, Trimmed Flares, 6\" spotters

We, the Sovereign People of the Universe, wish to live in peace. We live among you, but we are not of you.

transmission wanted for 91 2.5 yj.

mounts are different need to cut and weld on the new mounts, most everything is the same except for the computer and wire harness, youll need those from a 6cyl jeep
    hellooo everyoneeee..
    '97 TJ, Black, 8" skyjacker lift w/33x12.50's, Vortec 350, 4L60e, mini spooled dana 44 front, Detroit locked dana 44 rear, moser axles and more to come........ Woooo Hoooooooo

Won't bolt up to the transmission. Won't bolt up to the motor mount perches so you have to cut those off. You'll need the engine harness and computer for the 4.0L. Getting the idea there's a lot involved. It's just as easy to drop in a better engine like the 4.3L or 5.7L Vortec and you'll be better off. You'll have more power and won't be like every other 4.0L Jeep out there but with a worse engine install.