vibration?

phatyaspen

Short driver

well i went wheeling tonight and well now when i accelerate it vibrates...dont knwow hat it is i ahve to wait until daylight to check it out :? i think its possibly a ujoint...what do you guys think

i was thinking dirveshaft...or ujoint...no mud i already washed it and it still vibrates what should i look for for a broken ujoint?

i hit a few hard ups and down no rocks though...i did basiclly go up and down a lot like a good 1ft in the air

sounds like fun, i'ld checkl the u joints first then check and see if i bent anything

When you grab the drive shafts they should be tight where they connect to the diff and transfer case. try to move them up and down and left and right

ok i have to wait until morning to check it out cuz its dark now...anything else that could possibly be causing the vibration? :?:

Hello phatyaspen,

Since the vibe started immediately after wheeling, I would check the motor mounts and the transmission-transfer case mount.

I don't know if TJs break motor mounts as frequently as CJs, but checking the motor mounts takes only a minute.

Gadget

ok inspector how do i check motor mounts and transmission mounts? laneiac...how do i go about doing that? and jeepin how would i knwo if i did that?

i would just check to see if there are wheel weights on the wheels and look and see if there are signs of dirt and crud where the wheel weights may have been. i allways get a vibration after i go wheeling and its allways the wheel weights, thats why i always get a warrantee when i get my tires balanced, i bring the jeep in the next day after i clean it and make them balance them again hehee

best spot to hook up a +12 volt power block

Motor and T-case mounts:

Visual inspection of all three and a little prying with a long bar to see if things move. When my CJ’s driver’s side motor mount was broken, if the hood was propped up, you could see the motor roll way over as the clutch was released from a dead stop.

I am suggesting that you check motor and t-case mounts because you stated the vibe occurs only on acceleration (torque reaction). If, in fact, the vibe occurs at other times/conditions, then the guys suggesting wheel balance problems are likely correct.

Gadget

Back