sway bar disconnects

zipzipper

I understand why you sould use sway bar disconnects, but after you disconnect them and play around on the rocks, how hard is it to reconnect them for the street?[addsig]

actually pretty ease. just pull the bar till the pins line up and insert. They have new ones out now that screw together and the threads on the screw part actually do the aligning for you.[addsig]

If you have the pin style it's hard to line the sway bar up to get the pins in unless you are on perfectly level ground. Otherwise you will be using someone to bounce up and down on one side of your bumber to help you get the pins lined up. The sway bar disconnects with two pins are a little easier to reconnect than the ones with one pin[addsig]

I have the JKS single pin ones and I found that if you take a drill and drill it through the hole it makes inserting the pins a lot easyer. but be prepared to the first time you take them off, it may take you a while to put them back on. also make sure you get your sway bar up out of the way, or you will hit it with your tires and make it move which makes it very hard to re allign. good luck

marc[addsig]

Back