1996 JGC limited

gtrampuh

Just bought my first jeep! I have a couple questions that someone may be able to answer. I have a 1996 jeep grand cherokee limited and want to lift it. I am thinking a 4.5" lift with 32"x10x16 on 10" rims. The problem is that I am fairly new to all this and the more people I talk to about lifts and tires the more unsure I get about what to get. Some say that certain lifts that you will need more add on parts to make it work and tires will rub and I'll have to trim. Can anyone recommend and suspension lift that will have everything that I need and will 32's, 10 wide fit under there no problems. Thanks

Okay.. yeah there's a lot of different lift info. On my brothers 97 zj it had 31 bfgs with only a spacer lift of about 3 inches in the front and the rear springs had my old coils from my xj . They only really rubbed when turning sharp but it was never really offroaded . 32s should fit on anything with more than 3 inches of lift but you will need rims with more offset or spacers to keep them from rubbing on the frame. It really all depends on what you plan to do with it and your budget. If it were me and I weren't a fabricator I would do a 5 inch long arm kit from clayton or even better bds suspension. A bit more pricy but you get what you pay for . I'm not sure what they come with.... But they will get you wheeling pretty good. But if its just a driver that's lifted like my brothers do the budget stuff. It's cost us less then 10 bucks to fab up some spacers and use old Cherokee springs for 3 inches on my brothers jeep

Back