Anyone been to a Jeep Jamboree?

Craig

I'm trying to decide on going to our local Jeep Jamboree but have heard a few negative things from people. I've heard that it's kind of like being babysat the whole weekend where you have the officials telling you where to drive and how to drive through it (past the point of being a spotter). I go offroading for the fun of trying to get through things on my own and don't need someone telling me how/where to drive aside from having a spotter. A little advice is ok but telling people exactly how they must drive through it is annoying. I also like to sit back and have a few beers (well mabye more than just a few) after a day of offroading and I hear they're pretty strict on alochol, noise ect. in their campsites. Anyone ever been?

I've never been. I always wanted to go, but I got my Jeep lifted past 4". The last time I was interested in going there was a rule that you couldn't have more then a total of 4" (susp/body) lift combined. I don't know about the alcohol though. I'm sure it's probably frowned upon if not completely banned.

Our jam is this weekend,where ever you got that info from its the complete oppsite of our jam here.Only help when help is needed or when asked,and as for the night life its party time.
It may be different out west but down east its a real good time.

Go down there and party. If they ask you to leave then so be it. Good times are contagious, a party might break out.

I did the rubicon jeep jamboree the very first time going down there. They are quite $$ but the food was freakn great. They do however make the trails easy compared to normal, after all they are responsible for getting every(mostly stock rig) through w/o holding up everyone else. If you have the $$ and are going by yourself or another rig, then it might be a good deal.....
which one are you thinking of doing?????????

You're just up in vancouver.....You should come down to portland july 14/16 for the jolly jeepers weekend at tillamook state forest.

I'd recommend going on a run hosted by a local jeep club, where all the $$ stays local. After all, with JJUSA, it's the local clubs that do all the work anyway.

yjdave said:
which one are you thinking of doing?????????
There's a Jeep Jamboree in Penticton (interior of BC) in July or August sometime. I'm gonna try and find out a little more info before I sign up for it because it's kinda expensive....something like $250-300 Canadian for the whole weekend. Of course that includes all your food so I guess it's not all that bad. I wish I could come to Portland that weekend unfortunately I'll be working.

JJ's are a lot of $$, and it all leaves town when JJUSA does. I know of clubs that used to host JJ's, then got away from them when they realized they were doing 95% of the work for 5% of the proceeds, if that.

I head down every year for the JJ in Moab.
Never a problem with them over spotting my lines, yes they are quick to tell you when your off a line but they have done this or that trail a few hundred times and know the right line to take. And they know what happens if you take the wrong one!

As to having alcohol on the trail...if I am leading your group you drink your on your own. This sport is dangerous as it is, adding alcohol is just asking for a roll over. After the trail they don't have any problems with you having a 1 to 100 beers. Just while your on the trail and they are responsible of getting your through.

They have been pretty close to here, and I have been tempted, but for the money it just seemed much more reasonable to go with the club somewhere else. That way I can take whatever trail WE decide on.

As for spotters, I don't have any problem with that. Nobody I know is "past" that. We use them on every run. I have shook off a spotter to tell him I want to take a different line more than once, and twice now he told me I'd better not. Going back and taking a second look from the ground I was appreciative, especially since I was driving a daily driver at the time ;)

Back