badge or no badge

sickboy433

So I've noticed some Wranglers have a "trail rated" badge and others dont. What's the differents between the two?

I believe that the badge is only on one side of the Wrangler, so you may be on the antenna side.

The older Wranglers didn't have them, simply because they didn't exist back then.

You could get the badges for free for a while; that's long gone, though... I guess my Heep is not trail rated, 'cause I got no batch. Better stick to highways, I guess...

You could get the badges for free for a while; that's long gone, though... I guess my Heep is not trail rated, 'cause I got no batch. Better stick to highways, I guess...

No badge is no reason to stop playing in the dirt. Lol

The "Trail Rated" badge first came out in 2004, so no Jeep before that will have a badge.

No 2 wheel drive JKs are trail rated

All 3.7L 4-wheel drive and 2-wheel drive WK & XK's are NOT Trail Rated.
All 4.7L and 5.7L 2-wheel drive WK & XK's are NOT Trail Rated.
All WK & XK's equipped with 18" wheels are NOT trail Rated

All 2008 Jeep Liberty equipped with 18 inch wheels are NOT Trail Rated

No Compass is trail rated

Only the Patriot with Freedom Drive II is trail rated since it has slightly taller springs to give it the "required" ground clearance to get the badge.

I like my badge! I spit shine it often! :p

its 10 or 15 bucks on ebay for the metal badges. i put on the old 2002 liberty since it was lifted and had the trac loc and had some work done to it. plus, it bugged me that all the stupid looking stock liberties had them but our big ol made for off road liberty didn't. then, to bother people, i put one on my lifted with tires 87 cherokee too. :)

Terry is correct. The "Trail Rated" badges are on the 04's to current however, they are only on the driver side fender below the A- pillar.

and when you do get one, they come with specific directions as to where they are to be mounted

Im sorry if i offend anyone but to me a liberty if not a REAL JEEP. i have a '93 wrangler thats lifted and locked. my definition of a REAL JEEP is when you pop the hood and see the engine and all its glory, not a bunch of plastic and all that crap. Save your money and buy a REAL JEEP.

the liberty engine is exposed, it has no plastic covers like a vette.

its ok, a lot of wrangler guys hate the liberties because they do well on the trails or have never tried one out. my liberty was lifted and locked so according to your definition, my liberty was a real jeep too.

I let the body damage speak to how "trail rated" my rig is

Sorry, Johnny, but if you dont have a badge, you are NOT trail rated! That's that, so you better stick to the highways from now on!!! :D :lol: :bomb:

Im sorry if i offend anyone but to me a liberty if not a REAL JEEP. i have a '93 wrangler thats lifted and locked. my definition of a REAL JEEP is when you pop the hood and see the engine and all its glory, not a bunch of plastic and all that crap. Save your money and buy a REAL JEEP.

the liberty engine is exposed, it has no plastic covers like a vette.

its ok, a lot of wrangler guys hate the liberties because they do well on the trails or have never tried one out. my liberty was lifted and locked so according to your definition, my liberty was a real jeep too.

I have seen a couple of liberty's that are built up nicely. Not sure if it's the road I would take (it's really not my type of thing), but if you build them, they can be quite capable.

JeepLibertyOffRoadSolidFrtAxle-1.gif

0711_4wd_16_zjeep_libertyside-1.jpg

... my definition of a REAL JEEP is when you pop the hood and see the engine and all its glory, not a bunch of plastic and all that crap. Save your money and buy a REAL JEEP.

I said the same thing about the TJs when they came out (and I was still driving a CJ7). Now I own a TJ and have changed my tune....

Seems like this subject came up dureing the past year,since I've joined this merry band of trail nuts.I believe the badge has something to do with river crossing capabilities.

I let the body damage speak to how "trail rated" my rig is

I agree. If you don't have a 4"x 4" area of flat metal that the badge can be mounted to...then you should be automatically grandfathered in. Dirt/rocks/sand/tree stumps/ruts/mud/ditches/valleys/hills/holes don't care is your rig has a "shiny badge" on it.

If you take he time and the money to lift it right and do everything the right way, more power to you. i just love the whole thing about when i get to drive mine, im always asking the "top or no top" question. i love being able to take the top off. i think the only problem with a liberty is that we are not used to seeing them lifted and what not so maybe that will change here in the near future

Back