Chrysler 8.25 axel...

mingez

Will it just bolt right in? I have a '93 XJ. :?:

Or, is it better just to get the d44. I hear it's a harder install though.

It will bolt right in, but I'm not sure on driveshaft length. The 8.25" may have a longer pinion than the D35, so your stock driveshaft may be too long. They are easy to have a driveline shop shorten.

I'd install it, then measure for the driveshaft and have it cut down if necessary. If you install too long a driveshaft, it could crack the transfer case.

Good swap, the 8.25" is a great axle.

A Jeep that wants to be a Hummer

They put the 8.25 in a whole bunch of Dodge half ton pick up trucks. I like them because they are, do it your self friendly, one special tool and a good torque wrench, pretty much all it takes to service one, other than a standard tool set.

the 8.25 was installed in many newer model xjs also. and it is an exact fit bolt-up. i installed a 8.25 in my 88 xj from a 98 xj, you just have to buy a new brake distribution block for the top of the axle housing, and it's only like 20 bucks

haha, I don't see anything wrong with that. It is good to put that information out there, whether it be through an old post of a new!!

Actually, I think it's kinda cool to see the questions I used to ask that now seem elementary to me. Wow I've learned a lot from you all.

Back