CJ springs on a YJ?

Most people seem to be doing the opposite - installing YJ springs on a CJ. I believe that YJ springs are wider and longer.

yeah I've heard that, but a friend of mine has a set of 4" lift springs off of his old CJ and wondered if I wanted them. I was just curious if they wold work with, or without modifations. I figured it would be a cheap way to gain some inches.

the rear springs are nearly identical, both 2.5" wide and both have the same approximate length. like mentioned, the fronts will be the issue. the springs are only 2" wide as opposed to the stock YJ 2.5 front. it could be done with 1/4 specers on either side of the spring on the frame mount and you could get the CJ to YJ conversion hangers and run them upside down. but there is absolutely nothing gained going with a weaker and less stable 2" cj spring

Thanks alot for the info! With this knowledge I think I'll pass on the spring offer from my friend, its more work than its worth. I'll be better off going with a new YJ spring lift kit with shocks and new springs. Thanks again!

Back