College and a pseudo-farewell?

XJNick

Hi everyone,

As you may or may not know, I'm just about to start college as a freshmen this fall. I'm really excited to be heading off to Bradley University to start school... though I'm a bit nervous and anxious as I realize that I'm leaving on the long road trip to Illinois Thursday and am still not packed! :shock:

At any rate the combination of high school, mechanical/electrical projects, and my ever growing involvment in the Electric Vehicle community has really limited the amount of avaliable time I've had over the past year to spend on Jeepz.com, as I'm sure you all have noticed. Unfortunately, I'm guessing college won't help this situation much as I'll probably be kept just as busy thanks to my 18 credit-hour schedule. So, while I have been and will continue to check in here at Jeepz.com every now and then, I just can't commit the time to these forums that I once could.

With that said, I feel that it is appropriate for me to voluntarily offer to step down as a Jeepz.com Moderator if Terry and/or the other Mods feel it neccessary as I realize that I haven't been able to be of much help to the Mod team recently. The last thing I want is to be assigned a job and not be able to do it satisfactorily.

Okay, now that I got all that out of the way... let me say again that I'll be around every now and then -- save all the hard electrical questions for me because I do love a good challenging electrical problem. 8) :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Axle fluid leaking into rear brakes

You'd BETTER check in every now and again; you're definately one of the many persons with constant insight and thought into rather confusing matters... I know I sure as hell would find the board quite bereft of a good thing if that was the case...

Best of luck with everything :)

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Axle fluid leaking into rear bra

Thanks for the heads up, and best of luck in your college endeavors. I know a few jeepers up in the area of your school if you'd like to hook up for some jeepin. They'll frequently come down to www.rorp.com which is where I usually see them.

I'd like to see you stay a mod, and as for the time thing, this forum needs little to no moderation 98% of the time and I'd like to see you stay. At least we would feel comfortable bringing it to your attention should the time deal become more of an issue down the road. Whaddya say?

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Short in Cig Lighter socket?

Yeah....keep that mangy Mingez outta here and we can pretty much self-moderate ourselves. Besides, NOBODY LEAVES until I figure out my electrical problem on the YJ!!!!!!

Good luck, for some reason I have a feeling that you will be OK.. The fact that you built and electric car before most people learn to drive a stick... you'll be OK

RE: DESPERATE... help please

Thanks Guys, I apprieciate it! ...and Bounty, that's just fine with me if it works out for you all. :mrgreen:

Good luck Nick!!! You're a very integral member around here. Please keep coming back!

"Mangy?"

RE: holy hell. Been a while

Sorry to hear you'll be more scarce than you are now. I always look forward to reading your posts - let it be known that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!! I'm just amazed that someone so young has his shite together so well. There's no doubt in my mind that you'll do very well in college, no matter what path you choose. Best of luck and, please, stop in now and again.

Electrically challenged mud

Good luck Nick. Study, but make sure you have plenty of fun! I went to school just down the road in Champaign. What is your major?

Good luck. I'd personally like to thank you for everything you've done. It really is the people that make this a great place.

On a different note, make sure that you enjoy college (it was the best 5 years of my life!).

How to be a mod

the important question is which jeep is going to school with you?

RE: #1.. That

Hi,

jay79cj7 said:
Good luck Nick. Study, but make sure you have plenty of fun! I went to school just down the road in Champaign. What is your major?

Electrical Engineering 8) . Yes, should be having lots of fun :mrgreen:

bchcky said:
the important question is which jeep is going to school with you?

Unfortunately no Jeeps are going to school with me this year...

<flame retardant suit on>

Actually I should admit that soon I'll be back down to one Jeep. I'm selling my Wrangler. Although I really liked it, something about driving 1132 miles/ 17 hours in a Wrangler with no A/C and a soft top at highway speeds wasn't going to work for me. Not to mention of course, that I have some stuff that has to make it to school with me so need a bit more cargo space.

At any rate, this is my new ride and what I'm taking to school: http://www.driveev.com/temp/mazda/

</ flame retardant suit off>

As for my Cherokee, it is also staying at home. Main reasons include logistics of getting it up to school, and the fact that my mom and I always "fight" over who gets to drive it (I can't tell you how fun it is to Drive an EV). At any rate, it'll get driven a lot more if I leave it at home, and I'm all for letting my family rack up more inexpensive, gas-free miles on it!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. Next time I post here I'll be in Illinois! :mrgreen:

RE: A little radiator help.

Keep an eye on www.sija.org/forums , you're more than welcome to come down to www.rorp.com and hit the trails with us. I generally have a passenger seat open, and can even let ya drive if you're itchin to get behind the wheel. It's an awesome offroad park.

I may be there Oct. 1st and 2nd for:
National Off-Road Shop Team Challenge
"INDIVIDUALS PLAY THE GAMES, BUT TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.''
--10 teams will compete for the title of "Top Shop"!

Our club should be working the mudbog comp again.

RE: Re: #1.. That

ooooooh a jeeper and hes going to collage?????
hello, i am 20 years old. and currently single. i have brown hair about an inch or 2 over my sholders, blue eyes, i'm currently light tanned but unfortuantllly go white in the winter. i like saturday morning cartoons (when i can get up intime for them) and making sandcastles at the beach. and i love my jeep :)
xoxox Kimberly

Dang, Nick, if I'd thought about it sooner, I'd have invited you to stop by on your way. Texas to Illinois, you could've come up I-35 and taken I-70 east from Salina. We've got a spare bedroom you could use for the night, so you could split the drive time in comfort.

Oh, and, DANG KIM!!!! I drive a Jeep and went to college. We've got a spare bedroom you could...umm....nevermind, I think I hear Sunshine coming, gotta go!!!!

Back