Stalls ,no spark

Mybabiesjeep

RE: I got a stumble

I have a 94 cherokee,starts fine runs 20 minutes and stalls ,no spark
new complete tune up,coil ,most senors new or tested and a new
computer,any ideas

Who did all the work (tune-up, coil, most sensors new or tested)? Stealership or someone else? From everything I've read/heard, the "stealership" is not to be trusted. I think you've come to the right place, if you have some patience and determination. Sorry I can't help....I've got a TJ and a YJ, but I read everything. You might want to check the "cherokee no start" thread in this same part of the forum.........another problem solved by friendly communication!!!!!!

Good luck, and welcome to Jeepz!!!! The best Jeep site on the net!

took crank position sensor out and tested it,no resistance!!
book says good? heard same about dealerships,so doing work
myself

Hi,

Mybabiesjeep said:
took crank position sensor out and tested it,no resistance!!

Crankshaft Position Sensors are usually either a simple inductive sensor or a hall-effect sensor. For example, the CPS in my '88 cherokee used to be an inductive sensor while the CPS in my '97 Wrangler is a hall-effect sensor.
So I believe your '94 Cherokee will have a simple inductive CPS.

Now, the service manual I have states that a properly functioning inductive CPS will have about 125-275 ohms of resistance across its two wires, and should be replaced if not in that range. You say that your sensor has "no resistance". Are you saying that the ohm-meter actually shows "0 ohms" or are you saying that the ohm-meter just registers nothing (which usually indicates infinite resistance) ?

-Nick :!:

I must be missing something my book says,if your working on a 93 or newer check
the resistance between B and C terminals,the meter shgould indicate no resistance
(open),you know the worst thing went on vacation and no jeep

Re: RE: Re: RE: Short in Cig Lighter socket?

Hi,

Mybabiesjeep said:
I must be missing something my book says,if your working on a 93 or newer check
the resistance between B and C terminals,the meter shgould indicate no resistance
(open),you know the worst thing went on vacation and no jeep

Then it could be that your Jeep uses a hall-effect sensor and not an inductive sensor. Does your sensor have two or three wires comming out of it (it should have 3 wires if it is a hall-effect type).

The other possibillity is that the book you have isn't correct. Did you get this information from the factory service manual or from a Haynes/Chilton book?

-Nick :!:

RE: College and a pseudo-farewell?

it has three wires and I'm using a haynes book and buying everything from autozone by the way thanks for the infromation learning alot, great site

Back