track bars

F

froggy2toes

how will my yj drive on road if i take both track bars off? i know that it will give alot more articulation off road. any advice good or bad?

i wouldnt even take anything out of the garage with out a track bar on it. your track bar keeps your axle centered and underneath your jeep, very bad idea to take it out. and i dont know if taking it would would really make it flex anymore, but YJ's have leaf springs so you might be thinking about sway bars, for wheeling take them out and never look at them again if you drive on the road get sway bad disconnects so it will be hooked up on road and pull the pin and let it flex off the road.

remove the rear, leave the front. They make a disconnectable/telescoping version if you need the addex wheel travel (JKS Mfg.)

Yup, I ditched my rear track bar after I got my lift. Makes absolutely no difference on YJ's. TJ's, however, are a whole 'nuther story.

okay... i know about the liability aspect but figure w/all i've done w/my jeep i'm screwed if i cause a serious accident (knock wood) but i've been running w/out my front or rear track bar and front sway bar for over 2 yrs now and havent noticed a difference - course i dont run fast and try to watch everyone else - could be the lift i have (maybe stock springs act different) but mine tracks really well in corners, not excessive lean even with 25mph left turns... so like i said b/4, pull em and see how she does - you can always put them back on, or you can leave the track bar in front, pull the axle end and zip it up off road and reconnect for the drive home... just make sure youre comfortable with whatever you end up doing - its your ride afterall!!!

Handling will depend a lot on your sping rate. I run with no trackbars and no swaybar and have no problems. This on a daily driver with lincoln lockers front and rear.

I have a 2.5" RE standard duty lift that is about 4 years old. It's a pretty cushy ride and without the swaybar I have really noticeable body roll. I never tried to drive on the street without the front trackbar on this one though. I see no need for it.

well i took off the rear track bar, cant tell difference on road. got about
2 1/2" more travel out of it. thx.

Back