Troubled but back in a Jeep

LadyJeepFreak

RE: Standard & reverse cut Ring & Pinion

So my clutch isn't fixed yet. The repair job has been a nightmare every step of the way. Now we are looking for a clutch alignment tool that matches my clutch which was impossible to find anywhere but the jeep dealer and they don't provide the tool.

Anyway, I rented a car today to get through this. I have worn out all my other options in the past month. Now I know why Jeep charges so much money for the repair.

I asked for a compact car from Enterprise. I showed up this morning and they had two vehicles out front. One compact and one Jeep Liberty. In checking in I found out that the compact was mine and that it was returned this morning with a busted up side drivers mirror and had to go in the shop.

I got a free upgrade to the Jeep Liberty. It is a 2004 or 5? and it's DA BOMB! lol After having nothing for a month and being used to a rugged wrangler, I am in heaven!

This thing is mad comfy and powerful. I will really enjoy the next week of driving it around town. lol

Just thought I'd share my fortune. The jeep gods were looking out for me. Now If I could just get the darn TJ up, we'd be in business.

Lady 8)

Good Luck with the TJ Lady!.....go ahead...take the Liberty off-road and let us know how it did! $5.00 later at the local carwash and they'll never know! :twisted:

Sorry for all you've been through lady. Hang in there!

I think...and correct me if I'm wrong...you just MIGHT be the first Jeepz.com member to refer to the Liberty as..."DA BOMB!" :wink:

RE: biggest tires I could run

ya, hang in there!!!

I've been in situations like that and it really sucks. All you can do is be strong and keep telling yourself it won't be much longer without the Jeep!!!

Well that's cool, at least it's Trail Rated, so you ought to be able to tackle some serious rocks with it, too :lol:

Actually we had a Libby with us at Paragon on Sunday. He had a 3" lift and 31" MTR's. He did well, but he didn't disconnect his front swaybar, yet removed his rear one :? so he had great flex in the rear but the front, well combined with IFS.... sucked.

He was actually behind me for a while when we first started out:
PAP1-4.jpg

RE: Local Soldiers Heartwarming Tribute

Thank you for the well wishes. I know it's funny Mingez but it feels good to be back in ANY Jeep and it is really comfortable! I told my family we'd have to go cruising this weekend. lol Twisted I think I'll stay onroad with my recent bad luck in tearing my own TJ up. I have seen them offroad though! I'm glad you got to paragon and enjoyed it. I can't wait to get back myself but it's gonna be awhile.

Lady

Re: RE: Re: RE: Large turkey sub

LadyJeepFreak said:
Now we are looking for a clutch alignment tool that matches my clutch

You should be able to set the disc in and lightly bolt up up the pressure plate, then feel the edge of the disc around the outside of the pressure plate with your finger to assure it is centered. Loosen the pressure plate slightly (if need be) to adjust the disc so it is perfectly centered, then tighten the p plate. Your results will be the same as using an alignment tool. I install all of my clutch discs this way - never have used an installation tool or old input shaft to align the disc....cheap old school technology don't ya know! LBR

RE: AMC 20 identification

Lady, is that Libby an automatic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK! Sorry to hear your woes - hope ya' get back in the TJ soon!

Cool!!! When I was working at the Stealership, I took an '04 Liberty home one night. Yeah, they're sweet riding and lots of power (compared to my little 4-banger YJ). This one was fully loaded, leather heated seats, moonroof, awesome stereo...the works. Yeah, I say take it off-road, too! I've read several articles on it, and it's a very capable off-roader!!

Best of luck on the TJ, sure hope you get your baby back soon!!

RE: Local Soldiers Heartwarming Tribute

LBR thanks for the tip. I think were just doomed with this project. We put the clutch and flywheel in without the alignment tool but the transmission won't go back on. It engages to the clutch but won't finish the final shimmy over the flywheel no matter who tries or how they do it. They figure they need the tool to help with that. I don't know how to do it at all but I was under there last Saturday with them and saw how hard they were trying. I'll be calling some places tomorrow. Seems I have some outer space jeep that matches none of the actual specs Jeep says I'm supposed to have. Part numbers are trash as far as I'm concerned.

Sparky, I'm scared to death to offroad this one with my track record of luck lately. If it was any other time in my life I'd say yes but not now. lol It's nice though! No moon roof or all that but it's comfy, etc. Automatic, yep.

I drove down to the shore of VA today, to visit the NASA facility. It was a nice drive too!

Lady

Lady, glad to hear that things are beginning to look up... I have never driven, or ridden in a Jeep besides my XJ myself, so I have no idea how anything else handles or rides... One of those love at first sight on the Oakland Dodge used car lot things...

If you had the weather on the coast that I had outside of Richmond, I know you had a good time...

Back