vibrating jeep

tj-angler

hi i own a 97 tj and i bought it used and when i take it on the free way or when i go over 65 my whole jeep vibrates i have no idea what it could be can any one help me

p.s. the jeep is still stock no mods untill the dilldoe like play stops[addsig]

Sounds like your tires are out of balance. Have a shop balance and rotate your tires and see if the vibe goes away.[addsig]

Is there any sign of vibration at other speeds? Does the steering wheel shimmy at all? Or does it feel like it's coming from the back? What about under hard acceleration?

Could be tires .... but I'm guessing U joints. Usually tires (depends what size) exhibit vibration problems at a lower speed.

Craig

[addsig]

hmm... maybe if i could get my jeep to vibrate, my girlfriend would ride in it more![addsig]

Posibly the U joints, or i agree with tire balance[addsig]

yeah, its a jeep... but its a cherokee rolling on stock size tires (for now... waiting on pasmokeater to put his lift on...)[addsig]

Some of the vibrations are just from having a Jeep-

But the others could be tires out of balance, out of alignment, or any other type of tire related problem. Really need a little more into what the vibrations are and where they are coming from to give a good suggestion.

I would check the wear patterns on your tires and see if they are wearing properly. If your tires are out of alignment it will show wear on either the inside or the outside. Also check for cupping or feathering. These are also signs that something is not completely right in the front of the Jeep-

just some more suggestions for ya...[addsig]

no, its mainly at the 65 mph but its never under hard acceleration and the steering isnt effected. well come to think of it my front tires are getting balled on the out sides of them but the back tires are fine ... when i first bought the jeep it was used and it used to vibrate alot but when i decided to rotate the tires i fould that there was a big clump of dried dirt on the inside of the rim that was throwing the tire off ballance and i took out the dirt and it seemed ok i mean it vibrated a little but it was nothing like it was and when i came back from hollister hills it started up again ![addsig]

If you have dry mud stuck to your tires you have to expect them to vibrate, sounds like you need to wash the rims off in a big old puddle. sounds like the tires to me. [addsig]

definately the tires are either out of alignment or out of balance.

Wrangler GSA tires are boring anyways. Get a set of MTR's

then get an alignment.[addsig]

Back