Jeep Patriot and Compass lack of power?

JackSparrow

Hi all,

So my friend is looking to buy a new or near new 'crossover' type for his next work vehicle. :rolleyes:
I went with him out to Chadstone Chrysler Jeep Dodge and Berwick Chrysler Jeep Dodge, we test drove the Compass and a Patriot Blachawk.

He was so keen on the white 2014 Blackhawk until we took it for a test drive..
It was extremely under powered, I mean 2L in such a big car we should have expected it. I think it may also have something to do with the variable transmission gearbox it has in the auto version? It's a worry to pull out into traffic because the lack of power so i was wondering if anyone has the manual version and if it's any better?

failing that are there any reasonably in-expensive mods we could do to improve this?

I know there is an 2.4 version but for some reason that is 10k more expensive :shock:

Anyway if anyone has any ideas of how to improve performance or have another similar car around the same price range price feel free to let me know :)

Heres the blackhawk he looked at:

Remember that moding usually voids warranty
Which molding? And one item can not void an entire warranty unless it can be shown to have affected the failed part.

We had a 2010 Patriot with the larger engine and it had plenty of power to move itself around traffic. I think 2010 may have been before the variable transmission as well. Sounds like your friend needs to buck up for the larger engine. Has he/she driven one with the larger engine?

One of our guys in my club has the compass and he can keep up with us for the most part and has no lack in power.
LS0914141.jpg

LS0914711.jpg

LS091453.jpg

c111226.JPG

c11129.JPG

Your best bet would probably be to get a grand Cherokee or something else.

Sorry, I am just not a fan of those odd vehicles Chrysler put a jeep label on to try and get other customers. They are just small front wheel drive station wagons

Back