seats

kcash

RE: Re: Swing out tire carrier

My seats are just plumb worn out, and very uncomfortable, specifically the front driver and rear bench. I would like to chuck em and put some nicer seats in or restuff them and recover them but I cant find anywhere to buy the materials for that. I have seen seats for sale on ebay and the like, I'd like to know if any of you have replaced the factory installs w/ say leather seats from a grand cherokee or what not. As always its appreciated.

anything else?

Check out www.quadratrec.com
They have a few in about the $300 range.
Save the hassle of the whole restuffing bit!
They have a great free catalog full of Cherokee stuff..... just got my copy

If your mechanically inclined you could use just about any seat that will fit between the center console and the door post. I used a set of honda seats in my 84. I found the ones that recline which was a major improvement over the original ones. I salvaged the bottom frame from the original seats and welded the bottom rail of the honda seats right to it so that in would slide on the original seat rails. Price is substantually cheaper than the aftermarket ones. Put on a fancy seat cover for cosmetics.

RE: Re: Here are some progress pics

yeah i'd prefer to go that route but the closest welder I can get access to is in madisonville about three hours away...thanks gang!

that quadratrec site boosts you to some other site where you can get spyware loaded up I'd stay away from that one my friends its apparently been infected

RE: Painting Help

has nothing to do with the post, but ad-aware is the best program to get rid of spy-ware.

RE: pros and cons on a 4 cyl.

Lots of good wrecking yard seats here in Texas.
I just looked at a couple of of seats from some 94-97 XJs

Do you have a yard close?

you should be able to get all three seats for about $135 or so

What color are you needing? I can look up here for ya.

Good advice on the adaware software.......... again, nothing to do with the post but for those of you about to ask, go to lavasoftusa.com, you can download adaware for free, it works really well.

Back to the post.......... checking a bone yard is a great idea, but look forward to finding passenger seats at a ratio of 10:1, and unfortunately alot of the jeeps sitting in piles have the windows taken out, so the seats have been sitting in the elements....... its still a great idea to check, save some cash.

(its also fun to go to the junkyard to teach yourself something you are not too sure about, if you are looking at a repair you have never done you can "practice" in a junkyard!)

RE: need space for tires, what

Yep. My driver's seat actually shipped quite far to the needy buyer. Didn't know it was that common but I believe it.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Yep. My driver's seat actually shipped quite far to the needy buyer. Didn't know it was that common but I believe it.

Yeah I was just in a junkyard the other day, out of the 14 cherokees that were there, 1 had a drives seat, it was laying in the engine compartment with holes all over it!

I guess it makes sense, you hop in and out of the drivers seat far more than a passenger! :roll:

ROGLSTUBB said:
Put on a fancy seat cover for cosmetics.
started thinking about that, just how bad are your seats in the first place? you could always go with seat covers now anyways rather than buying whole new seats. just a thought.... :idea:

RE: airflow restrictor link

man they are just effn worn out, specially the driver seat, that's why I was asking about restuffing not just recovering, after about 1/2 an hour drive you can feel the seat frame pokin you in the but and lower back b/c the springs and cushions are just worn out

90Xjay said:
Lots of good wrecking yard seats here in Texas.
I just looked at a couple of of seats from some 94-97 XJs

Do you have a yard close?

you should be able to get all three seats for about $135 or so

What color are you needing? I can look up here for ya.

I have a yard close to the house out by the Austin airport (old bergrstrom air base) I called and they have seats but they said I should come look at em and then we'll talk price. Now I know the ball park though so I'll be able to bargain with them when I go out there. Thank you

beantown said:
Bounty__Hunter said:

Yeah I was just in a junkyard the other day, out of the 14 cherokees that were there, 1 had a drives seat, it was laying in the engine compartment with holes all over it!

I guess it makes sense, you hop in and out of the drivers seat far more than a passenger! :roll:

yeah its actually my drive seat and rear bench that'll are worn out, the front pass side is still really nice

KRIKEY!

Back