Upgrading my headlights, need help.

CherokeeGuy42

Oil Pressure Problems

I'm looking into upgrading my headlights to a brighter light. I'm looking at getting the H6054 Diamond Headlights HID H5 Bulbs. There are alot of full replacements on ebay that say their 7x6in., but I've seen that the lights on my 01 XJ are 7.5 and 6.25 or something like that. Will they still fit. And also does anyone have a place where I can get a new wiring harness that will put out the voltage that I need and maybe pictures of installing the harness? I know that's alot to ask, but I thought maybe since Jeep headlights are horrible, that maybe others have already made this upgrade. Thanks for the help.

RE: Cherokee wipers

when i got my jeep, it had 1 light out, so i went to pep boys n picked up a nice set of the halogens H4 if i recall correctly... much brighter! and they were like 14 bucks a pop... no problems so far.

RE: Speedometer gear

I suggest getting a high current capable socket harness and using relays. The light output will be increased very well. The path of flow will be decreased greatly and your switch will thank you for the lighter load

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can get a premade wiring harness? (Plug and Play) Or do I have to get all the wires and make it myself. Thanks for the help.

The headlights on my 2000 Cherokee were ridiculously dim when I bought it. High beams looked like dim low beams. I replaced them with a set of Sylvania Silver Star headlights and they are very bright now. Not too expensive, available at your local parts store and an EZ replacement.

CherokeeGuy42 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a premade wiring harness? (Plug and Play) Or do I have to get all the wires and make it myself. Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure if a "PnP" relay harness is marketed anywhere. I have thought of it before though. Maybe I'll get rich from it

I'll have to look into how/where I can find parts to do it. It could be a convenient product

Back