3 inch lift

jakbob

ok im planning to get a 3" lift from rustys offroad and i was faiguring that i would probibly have to use penetrationg oil or WD40 on bolts and i would just like to know which ones i would have to spray cause i dont know which ones to do.

spray 'em all over the bolts you plan on taking out..leaf spring bolts, shock bolts, control arms...

Whatever you gotta replace or remove..spray the bolts to it.

yeah i agree, ive always heard to use wd40 but unless i'd spray it on there every day for a while before i started the project, it didnt make a diff. pb blaster works well, i second that.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Don't bother with WD40, use an actual penetrant like PBblaster.
WD40 is a lubricant, while PB Blaster is a penetrant. PB BLaster will do what you need it to better.

Are you getting the full leaf springs or an add-a-leaf?

Bounty__Hunter said:
Don't bother with WD40, use an actual penetrant like PBblaster.
x2 on that. spray everything. and then repeat! do it daily for a few days before you plan on doing your lift. makes life easier.

I would use the PB blaster and then yo would probably do the sway bar nut ands bolts and the track bar then the Ubolts and spray them down every day for week and I think thats it but I am not sure

TwistedCopper said:
WD40 is a lubricant, while PB Blaster is a penetrant. PB BLaster will do what you need it to better.

Are you getting the full leaf springs or an add-a-leaf?
i decided to get the full springs by this little equation of mine

me + leaf spring disassembly = big trouble

so i decided to splurge a little more for the least amount of trouble...

well i got the lift today minus a rear leaf spring, ups' fault...also on the leaf spring i did get, the smallest leaf seems to be crooked...is that normal? i would assume not....

jakbob said:
well i got the lift today minus a rear leaf spring, ups' fault...also on the leaf spring i did get, the smallest leaf seems to be crooked...is that normal? i would assume not....
Not a big deal, just hammer it back in place. Once it's on the Jeep it should stay in place. The U bolts should help keep them in line.

bummer, my second leaf spring is still in GA...sucks to have everything you need except a spring....so i am sitting in my living room looking at my kit....makes me wanna cry...

Back