Good For wheeling?

SLiM

Ok now that I got my leak all taking care of I have one stupid question for ya guys? I have a 92 Cherokee Lerado which I have no idea what the word Lerado means when it comes to my jeep? But its all stock is this Jeep a nice jeep to put money into for wheeling? Its the 4.0 5spd manual, which I love, I just want to do some basic trail riding, just dont want to sink money into a Jeep made for the street. Thanks in advance.

La·redo (lə rādō)
city in S Tex., on the Rio Grande: pop. 177,000
Etymology: after Laredo, town in Spain

Laredo is a moderately equipped trim package, I believe it's a step down from the 'limited'. Sounds like a good wheeling rig if it's 4wd.

They are all decent for building into a decent trail machine. The Laredo has the same quality drivetrain but with a few luxuries, such as power windows. I believe the '92 has the ax-15 transmission too which is a great improvement over the peugeot that came in the earlier models although I am not 100% sure. Either way you could build a nice trail machine out of a '92 laredo!

Thanks for all the info guys, I use to have a 89 Pathfinder with a three inch body life and a three inch suspension lift. Worse rig I ever bought! Anyway what I noticed is my Jeep has the solid front axle which I LOVE over the CV joints my Pathfinder had. I want to go with a tire with an a agressive tread but I dont want a lift kit just yet. Any suggestions on tire sizes that would work without a lift? Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance everyone!

With your machine being mainly street driving I would go with the BFG all terrains. They are great in the snow, on ice and dirt. Aswell as being fairly quiet and having a very long tread life on the road. Size wise i have no clue.

Bacon

With your machine being mainly street driving I would go with the BFG all terrains. They are great in the snow, on ice and dirt. Aswell as being fairly quiet and having a very long tread life on the road. Size wise i have no clue.

Bacon

Sounds good, Im sure the place I get them from will let me know how big I can go. Thanks for the info.

i have a 94 jeep cherokee and have p225/75r uniroyal liberators all terrian tires and they will go anywhere

first of all blown is stupid besause the biggest is 29s and you dont wont rubbing so dont listen to him
Hey man, easy on your tongue. Who are you to call someone stupid?, Blown XJ has been here long before you have. Have some respect for your fellow members. Be constructive with your post, not belittle someone.

hey its cool apperently the 30x9.50's on my bone stock 96 xj daily driver wont fit. only time i have a prodlem with them is when i flex it. which isnt very often.

Does anybody have pix of some nice mudders on a cherokee thats not lifted, so I can get an idea of what ot would look like, and I was also looking at buying them used, any body think that is a bad idea?

i have bought used tires before its a good way to save some money. i just always look at the tread and sidewall real close and make sure there isnt any deep cuts or anything. and i always look at the price of the tires new so you can tell if you are getting a good deal or not.

Here are a couple photos of my '96 XJ running 30x9.50x15 on stock wheels with no lift. I have since lifted my XJ to 5"s of lift and have done a considerable amount of work on it. With 30x9.50x15s I only had tire rub while flexing on offroad trails.

Attachments

• Cher96backpass.JPG
    Cher96backpass.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 819
  • Cher96frontDriv.JPG
    Cher96frontDriv.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 799

This is my XJ with 5"s of lift and still running with the same 30x9.50x15 Definity Dakota M/Ts from pepboys.com .

Buy 3 installed get the 4th for free. Around $640 for 4 installed with their Extended Tire Warranty.

Hope this helps.

4-18 Mud.jpg4-18 Flex1.jpg9527388_definity-dakotamt.jpg

Back