factory security

jeepnoob

i have a 95 ZJ, anyone know if the factory security can be keeping it from starting, and if so how do i bypass it.

Any tell tale lamps flashing?. Yes, the VTSS can inhibit an ignition if it's active. As for bypassing the sytem, IF its the EVS2 or EVS3 security system from Mopar, you can unplug the module from the ignition harness and completely remove it from the vehicle. IF it's the factory installed module, it's within the BCM(body control module).

when the fuses are in, the word security keeps flashing on the dash, lights also flash. only way to stop is to pull fuses. don't know what kinda system it is, i think is factory installed.

Roll up all the windows and lock all the doors, then unlock them with the key. If you open the pass side or back first, then reach across to open the driver's door, the alarm/no start trips (or reach through an open window)

I had problems with mine and found broken wires in the harness to the front doors. One in particular gives feedback to the computer when the lock is operated.

Back