94 Grand Cherokee Laredo won't start.

Iguana5000

It has been sitting for about a year. Has a new battery. Will at times start for about 30 seconds then die and then won't turn over. There is no power going to the coil and the fuses are fine. Heard something about the security but can't shut it off. Help.

Granted that the over ride switch in the driver door is working properly, with all the doors shut, insert the key on the door and turn it to the unlock position then see what happens when you start the vehicle. IF there is an issue with the security system(VTSS), there will be a tell tale lamp flashing(RED) on the dash. IF there isn't one, my guess would be a CKP loosing a reference signal to the CMP.

It has been sitting for about a year. Has a new battery. Will at times start for about 30 seconds then die and then won't turn over. There is no power going to the coil and the fuses are fine. Heard something about the security but can't shut it off. Help.

lamboRe: 94 Grand Cherokee Laredo won't start.
Sounds like no fuel?

Iguana5000

Iguana5000
Re: 94 Grand Cherokee Laredo won't start.

If my jeep thinks the back hatch is open, will it start?

Ok now for my reply:

First off if it was a feul issue he would get power to coil but since theres no power at coil hows a feul pump the issue?

second : it starts if back hatch is open that means you have a short in the electrical system somewhere.

sounds like you need to do is trace each and every wire closely looking for freighing in wires or cracks
or a busted wire

could be anywhere in the harness where it rubs up against jeep or goes through the fire wall

another thing is if your jeep dont have a ground strap bolted in from eng block to framerail I would put one in it helps with solving these issues

Back