j cut on xj

guy

just wondering if anyone has ever done a j cut on the rear quaterpanels. just really wanting some ideas on closing up the wheel well and relocating the gas cap.

Are you referring to a comp cut? If you are most do it to stretch the wheel base and you then have to relocate the gas tank so the filler door isn't an issue. You also have to build wheel tubs. Tons of write up son sites like Pirate4x4.

Are you referring to a comp cut? If you are most do it to stretch the wheel base and you then have to relocate the gas tank so the filler door isn't an issue. You also have to build wheel tubs. Tons of write up son sites like Pirate4x4.
never heard of it as a comp cut. Thats propably why i couldnt find anything on it.

i hate to walk in here not knowing anything, but what is a j cut?

its the same thing as a compcut. I just have always heard it called a j cut cause it looks like a j.

oh okay i know its been done, ive seen some kits that come with new quarter panels pre-compcut if you are planning on doing it your self, it shouldent be hard to find some info

Are you talking about a cut like this or like mine with just the lower part removed?

Attachments

• 84132d1324770028t-budget-built-xj-dana-60s-image-1308949704.jpg
    84132d1324770028t-budget-built-xj-dana-60s-image-1308949704.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 12,608
Back