Jeep Problems and Questions

Big_J

Hey there, i was just lookin around for pics of jeeps and i happened to stumble across this site, it looks awsome and you have some pretty sweet pics too. The first thing i have is a question, and it goes like this, whenever we drive our jeep on the highway, it always gets real jerkey, and feels like it's gonna stall as soon as we drive it over 100 k/hr, and we've taken it everywhere and they've all said it was fine, we had the fuel filter changed and it still does this, if anyone has any ideas just give me a shout here, or email me at thecrack_18@hotmail.com.
And also, does anyone have any advice on gettin a lift kit, we were thinkin about gettin one for our jeep, we've been leaning towards an air bag lift kit, but if anyone has any suggestions, just give me a shout, like i said before, here, or at my email.

P.S. We own an '89 Jeep Cherokee [addsig]

how long has it been since you had a tune-up? that ignition might be buggin' out...

you're sure that the jerkiness on the highway is engine power related and not an alignment/tire balance issue?

-nate[addsig]

Ok....here's the long and short or my Jeep problems, our starter was just replaced, so it's probably not the ignition. and i'm pretty sure the jerkieness is engin related, i've talked to a few people about it, and i've gotten mixed answers. One of my buddies said it might be the spark plugs miss firing, or i could be the fuel filter.....another person said it possibly could be the gas we're using. But i've been to all the garages here and they've all said it's been fine. So...... :-? :-? :-? keep the ideas comin, i really wanna figure this out[addsig]

sounds like misfire from wires cap or rotor, could it be transmission related also. drop into neutral , but keep motor somewhat on the go pedal and see if it goes away.[addsig]

Ok, thanks for the help all. I just have one more question, we were thinkin about gettin a lif for our jeep, what would you recomend.....an air bag lift, supension lift or a body lift. If anyone has any good ideas......you know the drill :-D

edited by: Big_J, Apr 28, 2003 - 08:28 AM[addsig]

Back