TPMS sensors replaced, light still on

DLWEDDING

Asked mechanic to replace 5 TPMS sensors - he did, light still on - found out today I have a donut spare and there isn't supposed to be a sensor in it - if I have him remove that sensor, will the light on the dash finally go out? I have an 09 Jeep Liberty Sport

He probably installed programmable sensors and doesn't have the correct tool to program them

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Verified correct tire pressure? You may need to be 2to 4 psi over.

Have you driven enough to set the sensors?
Driving for a few miles (kilometers), calibration will complete after 20 minutes of cumulative driving at least 25 km/h (16 mph), and then verify that it turns off.

Have you reset the system?

The warning light will turn off when the system is reset.
Insert the key into the ignition.
Turn the key to the "ON" position.
Press and hold the "SET" button. The button is directly below the steering column.
Release the "SET" button when the tire indicator light turns off. Turn the ignition to the "OFF" position.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
On my 2010 jk the light will come on if any tire's pressure falls below 33psi. As far as I know this does not include my full size spare.

Asked mechanic to replace 5 TPMS sensors - he did, light still on - found out today I have a donut spare and there isn't supposed to be a sensor in it - if I have him remove that sensor, will the light on the dash finally go out? I have an 09 Jeep Liberty Sport

Thank you everyone for trying to help - he does have the correct computer to program the sensors, he removed the one from the spare tire this morning - the light is still on - there is no reset button on this Jeep and I don't have the electronic display either- I am beginning to think it is possessed - I will take it out on the interstate and drive for a while at 50 miles per hour and see if that will help - it didn't before

Back