Next car

Shaun72302

[FONT=&quot]Hey guys,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This is my first time on a forum and I’m in the market for an 03 wj grand Cherokee limited with the 4.7.I’m also a younger buyer that will need the car for a daily. There are a few questions i have however and I was hoping if the jeep community can help me out[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Other than dropping valve seats when the car engine gets hot, what other problems are there with the 4.7? I know that it is not as strong as a 4.0, but are they money pits as they age or pretty reliable engines with maintenance?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. is there any preventative maintenance I should consider if I do buy the truck?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3.What is the overall life expectancy of these trucks? ( how long do they last if they were maintained in the first place?) I’m looking at one that has 144k miles and was taken care of by previous owners and I really want to pull the trigger on it but I’m not sure yet[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. How good is the 545rfe transmission on the WJ Grand Cherokees? Are they pretty bulletproof or would they need to be babied? For further info on myself I won’t be planning on towing anything just yet, but I plan on doing some light off tossing from time to time. If I drive it pretty conservative, will it last for a long time ?
[/FONT]

and finally how good is the quadradrive unit? Is it pretty robust for on and off-road use?

[FONT=&quot]Thank you guys for taking time to look and respond to this thread and hopefully I can buy the truck with the help from everyone in the jeep community, thank you[/FONT]

Back