seatbelt anchor problem Cherokee 1992

Jeepsign

Hello, I have a jeep Cherokee LTD 4.0 1992 (original USA build car) which is imported in the Netherlands.

The seat belt anchors of both front seats doesn't work. The anchor construktion looks very simple but I cant find why it doesn't work, the anchor plate stays in its lower position and doesn't move at all when I pull the belt fast. How does these things work?

I also went to the dealer to look if I could buy new ones, but then I need the part number and model code of the belts. These numbers are on a label at the end of the seatbelt ( pull out totally) but the ink on the labels is not readable anymore. So can somebody look if the interior description below matches yours and look for the numbers of the right and the left seatbelt.

Interior:

Beige leather and fabric LTD version

Beige seatbelts front and rear

The seatbelt lock is rather small 45x46mm and is chroom color metal and the release button has a kind of starr print on it. I think this is a special USA version (brand: Bendic)

I have a 4-door jeep cherokee 1992

The dealer can't find the right USA codes in his system so please help because the cherokee is not allowed on the road yet.[addsig]

Back