Minor Adjustments

dobrz1ew

Ok i just got my first cherokee. There are a couple of things that may be wrong with the car. Ok the first is a ticking coming from the front right, i think the Hub is bad. The next is that the front right tire sits back slightly in the wheel well, i know there is a way to adjust it. The next is a slight oil drip under the oil pan/or the front of the trans. Not sure which. But what is common on leaking in the 4.0l Auto 4x4 cherokee sport.

Any help on any of these thins would be amazing. thanks everyone.

PS. is there any good jeep mechanics near metro detroit that anyone on here knows about. Like someone who does a good price labor and good work. Thanks.

The 4.0L inline 6 cylinder engine is known for having the valve cover gasket leak at the rear (firewall end), and can make it look like a rear main seal leak. Try replacing the valve cover gasket first, cleaning the oil that has already leaked, then moniter the oil leak area.

I'd be concerned about the tire sitting back further on one side, sounds like accident damage? Does it track straight down the road? Pull to one side?

Back