Help! Interior lights won't turn off

yerslo

Hey guys,
I'm new to the site, just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction. The interior lights in my '04WJ LTD will not turn off when the doors close. The only way to get them to turn off is to completely turn down the brightness on the dash/guage illumination.
Also i noticed that my door locks don't work manually(not sure if they work with the remote yet) and my power windows won't roll down anymore. Any info on what would cause this and how to fix this or what to look for would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

is there a switch located at the tailgate, i noticed it started after i opened the tailgate last night. but it seems as though everything happened at once, would they all be connected?

QUICK UPDATE:

Power locks work with the remote and they also work from the passenger door control, Power windows still don't work. I fiddled with the switches on the liftgate lastnight, interior lights now stay off, but won't turn on when the doors open, just have to turn them on manually. I will check the fuses later tonight when i get off work. Is there a fuse for the power windows? i haven't seen one listed , How do i know if i have a bad relay, what do i look for?

Check fuse #12 on the PDC under the Hood. I also found this info that may be relevant to your concern.
There are MULTIPLE ELECTRICAL failures. The wipers, gauges, dash lights, dome lights, horn, headlights, parks lights, power windows, and chime may or may not operate intermittently. Possible PCI bus codes. 1999 + WJ.;This is not to be confused with an isolated problem, most of the time there are multiple erroneous failures. There may be multiple PCI bus codes.System or ComponentDim,Erratic Operation / Fluctuates,Inoperative,Will Not Turn On;Customer Concern (No DTCs),DTC / Error Message;Horns,Gauges,All Warning Lights,Chime / Buzzer Warning System,Ashtray Lamp,Courtesy Lamp,Dome / Map / Reading Lamps,Glove Box Lamp,Headlamps,Illuminated Entry,Park Lamps,Tail Lamps,Power Sunroof,Power Windows,Wiper / Washer System;Interior;Yes - IntermittentRecommendationAll of the items listed are in one way another associated with the BCM and/or Ground G200. G200 is located in the center console area (next to the AECM - ORC). G200 is the ground for the MIC and the BCM. G200 is commonly loose on the WJ's. Please check this first if you have multiple electrical issues as well as bus codes.

Hello I just had all this happen to me also .. How do you get to the G200 in the center console ? Do you have a diagram link that would help ? Also how do you go about taking off the center console ?

THanks for the help

Back