Home made Cherokee lift kit parts?

suthrn98

I have seen where some guys are using different parts from other trucks. I have seen s-10 springs, different Jeep control arms. I am looking for a good Cherokee in the early to mid 90's type, and looking to probably run 32's or 33's. Looking for somewhere between 4-5 inches.

Probably gonna go with a 4.5 inch kit from Rough Country if I can't piece together some stuff. Not really worried about saving the money by piecing stuff together, but I like the idea of putting a kit together.

This is going to be a JEEP for some off-roading and mostly hunting out of.

Running a bit of a mutt kit myself. I've seen people run F150 coils in the front and they ride like a tank. Stick with parts for Jeeps. I run TJ springs in the front, some but not all have a different spring rate and I like the softness. If I had it to do all over I'd prob get a all inclusive kit and call it done. I said all I wanted was 33's to start but that lasted about a year. You have to be honest with yourself about what you want now and if later down the road you'll be happy with it.

Well I don't have any need for more then 31s, so I'm gonna go with 32s or 33s and I'll be happy with that. How's the rough country kit for $459?

probably will do just that. I am thinking I am going to run some 32 inch super swamper tsx's. I love those tires, and have had them befor on toyotas and they ride good, and have awesome offroad capabilities.

FSJ? I am assuming your talking about fullsize jeep?

And another question, kind of off kilter, but how hard is it to change a sterring column?

Steering column isn't that bad and you can also use the pitman arm from a ZJ. It gives about a 3" drop.

well I had found one with a broken steering column for $500, but ran across another one for $500 in good running and mechanical shape. probably gonna check them both out this weekend.

Back