Rounded lug nut

Bullet3600

Ok here's the latest, I had tires put on the front and the A--H-le stripped one of my lugs completely round. He couldn't get it off and now I can't either. I've heated it, smashed on a smaller socket to no avail, and it's the last one I need off so I can change my rotors. Does anyone know how to get it off or snap of the lug? :-x :-x :-x :-x ....Bullet[addsig]

You are gonna have to torch it off!! Get someone you know with a blow torch to fire that thing off of there. You'll need to be careful so you dont hurt your rim. I would plan on needing a new lug bolt so buy one of those too casuse as your toching it you will cut into the bolt. They are easilly replaceable when you do your brakes, so its not that big of a deal. Actually get the tire store to torch it off for you since they stripped it!!! But that is what will need to be done. :) [addsig]

Rubicon Build on Spike TV

wait before you go and torch it, take yourself to sears and pick up a set of those sockets that are made for rounded lugs, bolts etc. they are 20 dollars and a great thing to keep in your tool box. they will bite right into that lug and take it right off. i had the same problem with my lugs (almost all of them). they worked great even without wd-40 or pb blaster.

Wow, this Thread is from last June :p

But when my lug nuts get stripped, I take it to Discount tire and ask them to rotate my tires (it's free if you've bought from them) :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Back