1989 wrangler ??? on 4.2 6cyl

poooorboy

Hello I just looked at a 1989 wrangler and was wonder is there a common problem with the stearing shaft ? And is the 4.2 a good motor! this jeep is a standard trans and the owner said that he put a new carb! odd no fuel injection? I am thinking of buying this jeep but i dont no much aBout this model! I own two cherokees rite now, Soon to be for sale and there pretty basic Well any info is helpfull!!! Steve :-D Ps, motor has 122.000 miles on it ..[addsig]

those 4.2's are ARE carbeurated... i'm not any sort of carb guru, so i stay away from that stuff... stick the the Fuel Injection, and life is easier... :) lol [addsig]

Thanks as always dingus! :lol: So fuel injection is the sht ! but hey it looked neat!~ So i think i might get rid cherokees and look for 4.0 6 wrangler , Who knows i change like the weather! well i shall talk later. :-D [addsig]

haha... i'm not bashing that wrangler, it sounds really nice... and just think: the 4.2's make less horsepower than the 4.0's!!! swap in one of your XJ motors into that YJ and lets roll! :)[addsig]

I agree with what you said on the 4.0 more juice ,power etc .I think i wouldnt mind a yj but like you said with the 4.0 it would be great! I have terrible luck with carbs! ugh! Cant wait for spring! Steve. :) [addsig]

Back