05 GC transmission problem has led to wiring (part) question

RGAL

I have a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee (manufactured 11/04 - realize this matters on TCM) that already had a transmission rebuild (has NAG1 transmission), but still has problems (it acts like goes out of gear (usually after shifts to 2nd)...meaning engine revs and no longer pulling, then goes back in gear after slow down to approx. 32 mph).

I was told by friend that everything has been tried except Transmission Control Module, which is separate part on this vehicle. Realize there are a lot of questions folks will have to want to know how he came to that conclusion. I could get more into that later, but was hoping to try and get some help with another question that has came up first.

In process of putting in different TCM (with plans to have it programmed), when I dropped the cover I noted some wires clipped (see pics) and was hoping to determine what these are for and rule this out as potentially being related to problem. The first thought that came to mind is this trailer wiring, but not sure and can't find info on what two parts are in line with these wires.

4713C2C (MODEL: MODBUZ ??possibly, can't read the pic have at moment well) is on part in line with wiring harness (which as green, yellow, white, orange, gray, red, black wires) . The yellow, orange, and gray are cut and I didn't see easily where wires may have used to run.

There is another component with following on it that after looking at pics I need to see if it is also inline with these wires (P/N S3000-S FCC ID:2AAQ6TALONCV001

2005 Grand Cherokee - manufactured 11/04 -3.7L V6 - NAG1 transmission

Thanks so much for any help! Will try to attach pics I have currently

Attachments

• JeepGC_pic1.JPG
    JeepGC_pic1.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 38
  • JeepGC_pic2.JPG
    JeepGC_pic2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 36

yes, that's a wiring harness adapter for a trailer but why is it hooked up there? with how sensitive the new transmissions are to anomalies in electrical readings, I would think that connection would be made in the back near the tail lights

yes, that's a wiring harness adapter for a trailer but why is it hooked up there? with how sensitive the new transmissions are to anomalies in electrical readings, I would think that connection would be made in the back near the tail lights

Thanks for the confirmation! I have no idea why it was put there. It was that way when I got it and I didn't even know it was under there until very recently. Sounds like you would suggest that be relocated? Are any of those wires common with any going to transmission (or specifically TCM since in that same area?)? Wondering if that is why you are concerned with it being hooked up in that area or if another reason.

Back