Takeoff Hesitation

wac12

I have a 99 cherokee sport and about 1 in every 5 times i stop at a light or stop sign and then take off again....there seems to be some kind of hesitation....this only occurs when i stop and take off...no other time....it feels like something if catching, almost like something is slipping then it catches and goes on....the easier you take off the less it happens too....i don't think it is plugs or wires, etc....just really not sure what it is....any help would be appreciated...[addsig]

I'd guess it had to do with fuel (or lack of). Change your fuel filter if you haven't. Are you scheduled for an injector cleaning (don't know the maintaince schedule).[addsig]

I agree your jeep is 3 years old time to replace the filter

A tune up may help also if everything is still original[addsig]

This may sound stupid, but you might also want to consider cleaning the TB and linkage. Sounds like it's not opening fast enough. If there is a lot of junk built up in the linkage it will cause a delayed opening.

The only other thing I would suggest, besides the ideas already given by the other members is look carefully for any vacum leaks. This would also be the perfect time to upgrade to a Rusty's cold air intake, or something like it. You'll notice your throttle response will be MUCH better with one of these on.[addsig]

Back