Leaking power steering fluid.

siminsez01

wanted, winch

I got a power steering leak. Dripping pretty consistently. I noticed it 3 days ago and checked the well. Almost dry. I'm gonna get some fluid tonight and keep it filled until i get the problem fixed. Is it necessarily an expensive fix or soemthing i can easily do myself. Anyone had any such problems? Any way i can tell? The power steering still works...just leaks....ALOT. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

what is leaking? Pump, lines, or box. The lines are not very expensive. like $20 for the high pressure. The rebuild kit for the box (if it is a saganaw like the CJ) is pretty close to $40. New pump is like $60. Most of the prices are for CJ stuff but I wouldn't think much is different in them.

Marlin Brando

mine always leaks. I fill it up every 3 months.
For now it'sfitting my bdgt:)

I'm just careful when I park it somewhere

Pheel

My '85 CJ is leaking PSF again. The hose clamp on the bottom radiator hose rubbed a hole in the metal part of the PS pressure hose. I took it off and patched the hole with some epoxy putty. This worked for a couple of months, but now the leak is back. I'm gonna spring the 30$ for a new hose now.

Back