Need some Mechanical advice.

L33TJ33P

Ok all you mechanics out there. I need to pack my bearings.

I have front Disk and rear drums. I usually don't play with brakes so I would like anyone that can to spell it out for me.

I know to remove the wheels Please help after that.

Also, I need to check my Rotor for any kind of Warp, is there any way to do this at home?

Iam not a mechanic.

Anyway, I thought the front bearings were sealed and pressed on the hub.?
The rear get lube from the oil in the diff.
As for the brakes, do they pulse when you apply them ?

no, but she sure does wobble more when I hit the brakes.

and you can hear the metal on metal squeak when driving.

The front bearings on '88 and newer (and maybe back to '84 on the XJ and MJ) are a non-servicable hub, you have to replace the entire assembly and it's about $125 for each hub.

You'll feel a warped brake rotor as a pulsating brake pedal during braking. If you're changing the front brake pads it's a good idea to have the rotor turned.

I don't have any info on the rear bearings, other than a D35's bearings are lubed by the diff fluid, and only accessible after removing the axle shaft and prying out the axle seal.

so, what you are saying is that the Front squeaking I am hearing can't be from the Bearings. And if on the rare case it is, Jeep needs to fix it with Warenty??

16 months

PS this squeak doesn't happen when I hit the brakes. Only when I am rolling slowly. 5-15 mph

Could be something in the brakes, especially the rear as the drums hold a lot of gunk after wheelin.

Those sealed hubs should be fine, the wheel will wobble when you grab it and rock it when the hubs are bad.

As for the squeal your hearing, the brake wear indicators can and will squeal even when not applying the brakes. When you are going faster you won't hear it, but at slower speeds it will be noticeable. It may even stop squealing when you hit the brakes. You probably just need a set of front brake pads. 16 months would be about right for OEM pads. Take the rotors off and to a shop to have them turned, if they are warped they'll let you know.

I never did my own brakes before buying a Jeep. I could've kicked myself for paying to have it done when I found out how easy it is. A Chiltons or Haynes manual would be a big help but not needed.

before you get rotors turned... check the price on them... they are often cheaper to get them replaced than turned

Back