Lift Kits

76cj7nola

Really wanted to do a SOA and convert to a Wrangler suspension but I need to do so much that it got cut from my budget. Has anyone used a 4.5" Rusty's lift kit for a CJ7 the price looks good how is the quality????

you can do an soa for fairly cheap if you dont change your springs. you need shocks, sye and driveshaft (which tom woods has a great deal on) and new perches. you cna re route your hard lines down under your frame and you re use your sway bar links, you can get your shocks from bobs suplee, hes real great with prices and his prices are with shipping, i got my doestech 3000's for 38 a piece. as long as you have someone who knows how to weld and torch or you can endure grinding your perches off entirely you should be good. its not a huge deal if you dont make it one. looking about the same price for the soa as you are for a good kit

i just read that u wanted to use wrangler springs, you can probably pick up some for fairl cheap but that does compicate things a little bit, sorry for the edit

No SYE needed on a CJ, it doesn't use a slipyoke on the back of the transfer case.

Doetsch-Tech 3000 shocks are cheaper, around $31 each, from Rubicon Express or www.jeepin.com . The latter has free shipping.

I've used a Rusty's 3.5" kit on my YJ, I'm real happy with it.

Back